To free space, the current television panels are fixed to the wall by horizontal support. How do I hang a TV on the wall? It is important to consider all the nuances of the process – the choice of place, holder, and height. Such moments cannot be ignored.
- 1 Types of designs
- 2 How far to hang?
- 3 Rules for selecting fasteners
- 4 Suspension of equipment without supporting elements
- 5 The installation process
- 6 Support structures
- 6.1 Fixer from the fastening bar
- 6.2 Adjustable mount
Types of designs
To figure out how to attach the TV to the wall with a bracket, it is recommended to know what types of supports exist:
- The sloping type can change the angle of the screen slope, which is suitable for the high location of the panel. Due to the slope change the distance to the device. Among the drawbacks is the lack of horizontal regulation;
- The TV’s retractable mount on the wall is attributed to the multifunctional fastener variants because it helps change the tilt of the monitor vertically and horizontally and change the location of the screen on the surface. The design is large in size and suitable for spacious spaces;
- sloping-turning. By installing such a model, it will be possible to adjust the position of the TV monitor in a horizontal and vertical plane. There is a cumbersome module and its high cost;
- the ceiling is the best option for rooms with high ceilings. Using this method, it is permissible to rotate the monitor on 3600 and vertically, the slope angle changes to 900. Basically, these fasteners are used in large kitchens, combined with the living room and at catering points.
The installation of a TV on a fixed-holder wall is the simplest variation, allowing you to hang the television equipment only vertically. Of the drawbacks is the inability to perform screen location settings, but also noted the high reliability of fixation.
Installation of a bracket for the TV on the wall is due to the variety of fasteners and features of the room.
Before you hang the TV on the bracket it is advisable to familiarize yourself with the positive aspects of the installation:
- comfortable use. This method allows you to install a home screen at different heights without using a coaster;
- there is money saving. You don’t need to buy a cupboard or cupboard, saving money and free up a lot of space. The cost of the holder is much lower than the furniture;
- Safety. The installation of TV involves a convenient location of equipment and sockets, as well as the absence of hanging wires, which is very important in the presence of young children in the house, as such a TV will be impossible to overturn;
- decorating the space. The large-format hanging plasma model serves as a stylish accent of modern interiors.
Among the drawbacks are such factors:
- The need to think through the location of the sockets in advance, otherwise the wiring will be visible, and the appearance of the room will be spoiled;
- If you plan to install a router or set-top box, you will need to install an additional shelf;
- inability to transfer television equipment. Even if there is a transfer, there will be holes in the wall.
How far to hang?
First, you should choose the height of the module’s location. It is defined experimentally; approximately the distance is in the range of 100 to 120 cm. In the living room, the television monitor is located, mainly at eye level. The TV panel is hung below in the bedroom because the person will watch it, mostly lying down.
How to hang a TV on the wall in the kitchen? It is hung most often near the ceiling, and the choice of brackets is better made in favor of the wall view.
If we consider the placement of the plasma monitor relative to the audience, the interval is calculated as 3-4 diagonals of the TV receiver. For all other varieties of television are looking for a convenient distance. The minimum figures are shown in the table.
Experts recommend choosing a well-ventilated place for electrical engineering. If the device is hung in a niche, it should have a larger size. Expert tips to help you solve the problem quickly and correctly, how to install a TV on the wall:
- It is not allowed to attach the TV to the wall where the engineering communications are located. They can be damaged. Before installing the equipment, it is necessary to find out where the wiring is laid, using special devices (indicators or metal detectors);
- The TV panel should be installed close to the outlet. This will allow you to hide the cables without any problems;
- It is not desirable to have a home screen on the corner or between the shelves. Too narrow space increases the likelihood of mechanical damage to equipment;
- to install the TV on the wall, which is strong. If it’s weak, the twisted self-cutter can fall out.
Rules for selecting fasteners
Before installing a TV bracket on the wall, it is suggested to understand the characteristics of the supporting product. The main thing is that the support will keep the whole mass of television equipment. The strength limit should exceed the attachment along with the screen by 10-15 kg.
Choosing a design, focus on such moments:
- Equipment. Buying a supporting part, you need to check the presence of all the components supplied for installation.
- A kind of attachment. How to put a TV bracket on the wall? Fixing large-format equipment is desirable to prefer turning support that facilitates adjustment.
- Remote control. The installed module is convenient to control with the help of the PDA, provided in certain models. Without getting up from the chair, you will be able to correct the angle of inclination or change the turn of the monitor;
- Material and quality of production. The product should not have cracks, chipped, and different voids.
- Additional components. Some designs are equipped with a box used to decorate the wiring. It is recommended to purchase variations with holders for placing accessories and special shelves.
Suspension of equipment without supporting elements
How do I hang a TV on a wall without a bracket? This is done with the involvement of devices placed on the back section of the case.
Important: The optimal angle of the TV equipment slope ranges from -150 to 150.
Some models of flat television devices, which have a diagonal of more than 42 inches, involve installation without the inclusion of auxiliary attachments. Still, such models are very rarely on the market.
Attach the TV to the wall with the help of special ears, similar to grooves. They are used to put plasma on the fastening parts embedded in the wall. This installation process resembles fixing a frame with a photo. The main condition is to choose the right fastener component, ready to withstand the weight of the equipment, and know in advance the plane’s capabilities to which the monitor will be attached.
The installation process
How do you hang a TV on a bracket on the wall? If you have any questions, you should read the instruction, which details the step-by-step installation method. Before starting work, check the availability of such devices and tools:
- drill or punch (if you drill a stone wall).
The step-by-step method of attaching a bracket to a TV is to perform such steps:
- Segment for tv localization is marked with a simple pencil.
- Attach a support module to the wall. In places where the plates will be attached to perform horizontal markings. Even the smallest skew often leads to the fall of the technique.
- At the marked points, drill holes and insert a dowel.
- Set the mounting plate and fix it with bolts.
- Then attach the return plate. This object is installed on the TV lid at the back. The attachment is carried out through special holes.
- Insert fasteners. If they are not included in the kit, they are selected independently, taking into account the parameters.
- Once the answer panel is secured, the TV is installed on the bracket. Be sure to get into the grooves.
- If the TV device is tight, you can start parsing the wires. They are hidden in a special channel or create curtains, where they put the wiring.
- The connection takes place in a regular outlet. It is not allowed to leave the cables stretched, even if the monitor is turned as much as possible.
Important: Before installing a television screen on drywall, you need to make sure of the strength of this design in an experimental way (not on the TV).
The bracket for the TV on the wall is formed with their own hands. If you have the right tools and some skill skills, create safe and reliable support.
Fixer from the fastening bar
Stationary mount for the TV on the wall with your own hands will be possible to do with the presence of such devices:
- Different fasteners
- Measuring tape;
- Rake, designed to fix hinged shelves and or cabinets;
Turn-based execution technology:
- Mark the slat settings, taking into account the gap between the holes located at the back on the lid of the TV panel.
- Cut off the measured size.
- Prepare another bar of similar size to attach to the wall.
- Bolt the first bar on the back of the TV receiver.
- On the wall, to make a plan under the holes in which the dowels are fixed, drill them.
- Fix the plank on the wall.
- Insert the attached slat to the TV in the recesses of the bar hanging on the plane.
For reliability, the mechanism is equipped with a couple of bars. Some craftsmen try to glue elements, but this does not guarantee the reliability and safety of the design.
Fixing the TV on the wall with your own hands so that it changed the monitor’s location is almost unreal. But to make an imitation is permissible, for this, they are looking for such materials and devices:
- 4 corners measuring 25 mm;
- Different fastening parts
- Metal square tube;
- Paint and brush;
- Made of metal slabs in the form of a square;
- Saw for pruning metal elements;
How to form a TV mount on the wall:
- For dowels, drill around the perimeter of one tile with 4 holes. On the second blank, make holes, considering the design of the rear compartment of the TV panel.
- The tube is cut into 3 segments. The first will fix the supporting structure, the second will serve as a connective element, and the third will fix the TV. The length of the segments the person calculates himself.
- All 3 prepared metal parts need to be painted. Otherwise, they will rust.
- Wait until the paint dries, then in the middle of the plates, fastening bolts on 2 corners. The gap between them is calculated so that the design can change the location.
- The holes are prepared to fix the metal segments between the corners and bolts. Strengthen the segments by placing pucks between them.
- Large bolts connect the central zone.
- Plates with attached tubes should be attached to the wall. Next, attach the monitor to the holder.
- In the end, adjust the sloping angle, and tighten the nuts.
Important: Even reliable and strong mechanisms made independently do not give a 100% guarantee safety when hanging the TV on the wall.
Hanging a TV on a wall with a bracket is not difficult, even with the estate of elementary experience in this area. Preliminarily it is recommended to study the instructions, choose a good place to install the equipment, and get to work.